Monday, July 13, 2009

071209 Wrightwood-Angeles Crest-Mt. Wilson-Glendale-OC

1st stop for gas in Wrightwood.







Barry needs to smile more.

Mt. Wilson antennae and repeaters. Went up the smaller "Mt. Wilson Circle" road (the one that doesn't lead to the parking lot where you can take a small hike up to the observatory) and 2 dear bounded (I say BOUNDED) across the road right in front of me. Youngish deer, very cute. I remembered a video of a deer leaping over a motorcyclist from about a year back and thanked all powers past and present that I wasn't going all that fast. Of COURSE Barry didn't see them. I gotta go back there.
There are great views up there and from Angeles Crest Hwy 2.




















Dinner at Gaucho Village in Glendale. Churrascerrias are known for 10-14 kinds of grilled & BBQ'd meats on skewers that waiters come by and slice for you. Johney had eaten at this one before.

Perfect weather, low 80's all the way.

Left at 12:50 PM, back around 7-7:30 PM, timed perfectly, about 200 miles.

I could either ride or take pictures.

I rode.
Still need to DEFINITELY work on my left curves.
And I need front brake bads.

No comments: