Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Vegas Trip-PART TWO (packing for 1 day now, don't need opinions)

PART 2-Packing (or, Planning For The Unexpected-A Woman’s Eye View)
In this part, I touch on the special considerations, packing and planning for the woman motorcyclist and others. Others being the guys. I know guys don't need as much but I do tend to keep everybody in my thoughts whenever doing something for myself.

A girlfriend of mine, when she saw my blog today (03-16-09) emailed me and said, "I cannot believe how much stuff you want to take...how in the heck are you going to schlep it all???" and my reply to her was, "No, that’s how much I WANT to take…my actual list is ‘way pared down.
And if you think about it, it’s really not that much, it’s mostly makeup."

In the meantime, some websites to consider... http://www.her-motorcycle.com/Packing_for_a_motorcycle_trip.html

OK, time to put my packing list in here. This isn't a list of what I'm GOING to take, I'm just listing things I'd LIKE to take. I'm trying to remember everything that I'd like then start winnowing stuff out, because if I forget it, I can't go back for it. Never mind that I've made a list that would be hard for a U-Haul GMC Sierra truck to haul! Just tryin' to think outside the box, heah! In italized blue is stuf I am NOT going to take for a 1-day turnaround trip that this has turned into:
ITEMS I.E. 'STUFF' (thx to George Carlin)
TO WEAR: Long undies (just the silk thermal ones I use for under my ski pants)
Jeans
Thermal socks
Boots
Thermal t-neck (ski turtle neck again)
Long t-shirt that says something irreverent or quasi-dirty...oh wait, I don't have any quasi-dirty...
Sweater, probably black since it shows the least amount of dirt and goes with everything
Heavy jacket DUH
Heavy polar gloves
First aid kit in a fanny pack
Possibly full thermal balaclava (possibly, hell! I'm wearing that sucker for the first part of the ride!)
Glove Liners

TAKE:
2 brushes-big round one, regular one (only girls will know what I mean)
Conditioner (special silkience)
Gel and hair spray
hair ties/rubber bands
Moisturizer (2 kinds for the face-for day and for night)
Eye cream
Makeup-undereye concealer, Lancome kit, lipsticks/chap sticks
Bobby pins
Banana clip
Hat
Black jeans (gotta have SOMETHING to trade off the other jeans with!)
High boots or high heels that I can also use to ride my bike with...thatll be kinda tricky...gotta work on that puppy..
Bathing suit
Large ziplocks or grocery bags for wet bathing suit
Long earrings (If my hair is jacked up and there's no time to do it, I'll just put it up in the banana clip, wear the earrings and extra makeup)
Wine opener
Laptop
Aircard/modem
Wireless mouse
Laptop case PAD that laptop case!!! With clothing/thermal neck gaiter, undies, blank cd's, thin cd cases, sharpies, zenergy, chargers and batteries, wireless mouse, modem, ziplocks/grocery bag
Phone
Phone charger
Phone batteries
Make extra business cards
Bare minimum meds, analgesics, vitamins Bub & I
Cameras
Extra camera batteries
Extra sd cards
Blank cd's Thin plastic or paper cd holders
Sharpies
Little 'side of the body' purse
Undies 2 (yeah, I bet you guys really wanted to know that)
Bra 1 (ditto)
Zenergy/zipfizz
Flip flops or water shoes
Large trash bag in case of rain
Bungee holder
splenda for Barry
coffee creamers, powder
water bottles 1 each
water flavoring
tire fix-it kit
co2 cartridges
flashlight
electrician's tape or duct tape ( I know, guys, for my MOUTH)
zip ties
bike cover (for Barry's bike, since he has the leather saddlebags)
rain suits
hygienic wipes/wet ones (again guys, TMI, huh? But this is a GIRL'S blog, so get over it)
extra sm pack TP because you never know when you're going to hit that portapotty from Hell-you can use the tp to cover your nose and mouth
camera usb connection to download pics
night goggles/glasses
maps (laminated if possible)
extra sunglasses/goggles
jackknife
SOMETHING glitzy (like the sequined jacket) for the STRIP ride (see above)
Deer gauntlet gloves

Don't need the advice anymore, but here's the original information...
Friday night is a group motorcycle ride down the Las Vegas Strip and I have 3 jackets I want to wear. Let me know which one would be the best to ride a motorcycle down the infamous neon-lit Strip, but keep in mind that I will have to probably dress Lambie the same way:

The jacket on the left is all sequins, with a zip front, elastic neck and base (no collar) and black elastic wrist cuffs. It's very comfortable but also very thin. Got one opinion from Colleen that perhaps with the lights of the strip, the sequined one would reflect and show up better. She also suggested that if I wore the fox fur below, I should glue a crown on the top of my helmet. I told her that I was already pushing the envelope with a jacket and I'd look like I was ready for the Doo-Dah parade if I took it further. However, if Lambie is dressed up too, that makes me even closer to the edge. Lambie could wear the crown...see below)

The jacket on the above right is a silky silvery gold-based designed material with roses, with a quasi-oriental feel to it, and is reversible with a shiny black silky material on the inside. The wrist cuffs are snaps. It too is thin but not as thin as the sequined jacket. (My friend Cindy and my sister Tori weigh in heavily on this one as of Friday the 13th. Tori says it's classier, looks better because of the collar, and will still show up really nicely under the Vegas lights.)

Below is a magnificent silver fox fur that clasps in the front. The wind going thru the fur makes it look like waves flowing. This is the kind of jacket that ALMOST makes me wish I was riding on the back of a float, (or a Goldwing) waving like I was "wiping a window, blowing kisses at the hoi-polloi, touching an imaginary crown with my fingertips, touching my neck with my fingertips, touching my lips with my fingertips and blowing a kiss", and then 'presenting' (the hand touches the opposite shoulder then sweeps out in an arc from the shoulder to the front of the body). This is a float rider routine called 'Wash The Window, Touch The Crown, Touch The Pearls, Blow A Kiss, Present" and if you've seen a Disney parade with any of the princesses on the floats you'll know EXACTLY what I mean
. Right, Tori?!




That's a bitchin' coat, isn't it?!

to be continued...

No comments: