Thursday, February 26, 2009

My daughter is moving to Santa Fe, New Mexico w/add'l added post 032409 (bottom)

She told us tonight.
She's been talking with the Santa Fe Best Buy for the last week to do a transfer there, plus talking with the GM at the Fullerton Best Buy, and so she and her steady boyfriend Bryan (we call him Bo) will be moving the week of March 27th with just her clothing and bare minimum stuff (like 50 pounds of hair crap and makeup), staying with her steady boyfriend's grandparents just outside of Santa Fe, then in April or May coming back for furniture for an apartment. 1 BR apts run about $500-600 & she'd make ok money, plus Bo does everything and anything-machinery, cars, pools, he's almost a mechanical renaissance man. I think I know of a couple of other men like that (absolutely HER DADU), but Bo's also one of them.
She gave notice today to her hostess job, and told us about her plans tonight. She's really really thought this through, and it doesn't surprise me, because even though sometimes we go at it, I'm always impressed with her intellect and her thinking.
I'm so glad for her, so happy, but sad at the same time. I mean, my last chick is leaving the nest and I have a hunch that she'll be happy, will totally make it and always land on her feet with style. That's the trick in this life-to not only live, but live WITH STYLE. That's my daughter in a nutshell.
She has tons of that, and a lot of class. Ask anybody.

Her 'Dadu' is going to have a LOOOOONNNNGGG talk with her, maybe go out for some dinner and drinks, and I am going to have a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG talk with her boyfriend Bo. It's an interesting family when you have to watch out for the MOM instead of the DAD when you have a girlfriend. I'm brushing up on my hammerlock technique. Unfortunately, he likes guns as much as our family, so I can't threaten him that way. I have to use other means to terrorize him into fearing me.

You know, it's upsetting when people I love so very much and care about so very much decide to move away or out of my life. It might sometimes be hell or hard to deal with when they're around because of different things, like the stress of waiting for them to come home and thinking the worst, or being depressed when they're not around or available to talk to for you, but in the end, I can only wish them the best and help them as much as possible. Which is the good and right way to go.
But that still doesn't make it hurt any less. Because it does hurt. A LOT.
I feel like I got blindsided tonight, and not just from the kickboxing/boxing class I took. (from that, I just have some scrapes and blisters on my knuckles) I wish that emotional hurt could heal that quickly.
But it will. It will.
I can tell you that THIS Alpha you-know-what can and will bounce back, running up and down in the aisle on the bus saying hi to people, how are you, hanging my head out the window and (no, not SCREAMING) enjoying the air like any good dog (ok, if I'm making noise, it's making a joyful noise unto the Lord), and NOT giving the driver a hard time.
You know, years ago, one of my bosses, who had great faith in my abilities and 'powers', said to others when something almost impossible had to be done, "Lynne, I need you to wave your magic wand and get this done". And I did.
I will always wave my magic wand for those I truly respect, admire, and love.
And that, Jackie, is you. All you.

ADDED 03-24-09, the day she left:

Nobody left to blame a mess on
Because my tiny, TINY baby girl ‘The Mess’ has gone.
She’s off to find a new, gentler way of life
Without as much traffic, noise and strife.
I’ll miss her terribly, terribly so
But I know that eventually my chicks must go.

No comments: