Sunday, February 15, 2009

I HATE yardwork, but help makes it easier.

It didn't rain on Sunday so I got a family friend to do the lawns and weeding so that another motorcycle ride could be planned, but after I came home from working out, I picked up pinecones (they wreak havoc with mowers but they're also hot little starters for fires in the hearth) and started in on some weeding. Went into places that I knew kids wouldn't do like behind the fir tree and under the bird of paradise plant, & started chopping down limbs from trees and bushes that were overgrown.

Jackie actually used the weedeater on the parkway lawn to trim! The WORLD is coming to an end. I took pictures of her actually doing this to commemorate the occasion.

One would think that with all the rain we've had, the lawn would be a helluva lot greener, but I think that it's that grass that goes dormant in the winter.

Either way, there were STILL too many weeds.

No comments: