Monday, February 23, 2009

An interesting ride to Lytle Creek Sunday Feb. 22

I had set up this ride and the weather see-sawed between showers and cloudy, so I decided to take a chance. It kinda worked out ok. ONE of our riders who shall be unnamed was insisting that he 'waren't gonna ride in no rain or no cold'. Well, sorry, but we saw snow on the side of the road on Lytle Creek Road, up on the hill, and when we were going back down Lytle Creek Road and getting onto the 15 south, it started sprinkling. That's ALL IT DID-SPRINKLE. There are NO WUSSES when you ride with AB. (NOW do you understand? Dude, that was a COMPLIMENT, like nobody is a wuss that ride with me, so GMAB)
It was a nice day, kinda cloudy, but no rain in sight-until we came back down Lytle Creek Road and onto the 15 fwy south. I sure wish that maps would TELL YOU that the road turns into nasty gravel about 10 miles down the road!
We stopped for gas and I had NO CLUE what was about to happen.



We rode back into where the three of us remember shooting out in the open years and years ago. Not together, of course, but Barry and I took the kids shooting back in the boonies, and Johney had gone back there with his guns too-this group is freakin' GUN HAPPY, I must say. Hey, WE LIKE GUNS. Anyway...
Bub was wondering if they had paved the road since we had been there...NO THEY HADN'T ...GRAVEL CITY! Shit.
You know, if we had dual-sports, it would'a been Ok. If we had dirt bikes, it still would'a been ok. But cruisers do NOT do well on gravel. Period. Trust me on this.

Some of these shots that Jessica took from riding on the back of Bub's bike are pretty neat-I've never seen what I look like from the rear. Not sure if I like it, but at lease Lambie covers a lot of my butt. Looking back, Barry DOES look like a cop!

Getting back to the 7th spill in 20 months, I went to turn around left, just to duck-walk it around, I was kind of up on a berm or the road was a bit graded up, and the downhill side was on my left, felt the Lambie Special start to tip, tried to hold it up (Johney said he could see that coming) and just could NOT hold it up, so laid it down and be-bopped away. Hmmm, reminds me of the description of what happened to Gary at Champion Motorsports. Neither of the guys could get to me (hey, where are my knights in shining armour? Oh, yeah, parking their 'noble steeds' instead of doing a sympathetic lay-down and coming to a lady's rescue. Nice going guys, I'll remember that.) so I'm waiting there kinda like a turtle on it's side thinking to myself, "Come ON, where's the love, I don't feel the love".
Johney was Johney on the spot (pun intended) to help me up with my bike, and he hollered for Barry to come over and help, but he and I got it up and straight ourselves by the time Bub came over. Since Barry had Jessica on the back, he had to be extra careful in stopping and putting the kickstand down. Jess isn't into really riding yet, so she didn't know that she had to jump off and let Bub park. (Just kidding, Jessica) No real damage, in fact really no damage except a scratch or two on the crash ba...oops, I mean engine guards, but that's what they are for, so just my pride a bit tweaked and a small bruise on the outside of my left knee. I really don't feel badly about it at all. Stuff happens. I'm glad I wore my leathers, though, and I know WHY I wear them-I don't want to mess up my nice jeans!!!
We stopped to figure out what our next plan was, and of course I was the butt of everybody's jokes....'The Alpha bitch went down hard!" which made me laugh so much I almost wet my pants. That was some funny shit, right there. Editor's Note-That was Johney who said that with a big whompin' laugh that you could hear from here to Nascar in Fontana. So you get the credit (or the blame), buddy. Hey, I don't mind, I was laughing as hard as they were, and that makes 7 drops in 20 months, all from a standstill. That's gotta be a record.

"Well, y'see guys, I was up kinda on a berm and trying to come around, walk around, but my legs are just too short for the downhill side and I tried to keep it up but..."

When we were leaving the area to go for some late lunch at Tom's Farms, we noticed some jets passing over for the ceremonies for Nascar in Fontana. Johney suggested that we pull over and watch, so I got the camera out and filmed 'em. You know, this is a really bitchin' little camera. Jessica took some really neat photos while riding behind Barry-there are a few here and there-you can tell because she's behind everybody so she can see EVERYTHING. That'll be handy on Ortega next weekend. She's getting really good at putting her gloves down and taking pics-soon she'll be doing video and THAT'LL be awesome, so I won't need that camera mount-I'll just take her everywhere I go. Problem is, I'll now need to get a sissy bar and pad. Probably a rack on the back too...for our purses...hey, WE ARE GIRLS, GUYS, GET USED TO IT!!! I will be a girl if it KILLS YOU!

This is a pretty cool pic...Jess kinda tried to take her picture in the rear view mirror of Bub's bike. Next time it'll be even better-we really strive for the artistic in our rides. I know I do, humming the 'whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo-hoo, whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo-hoo' song from Kill Bill by that Japanese group "Five, Six, Seven, Eight"...you know, the Japanese girls with the kinda bowed legs...

At Tom's farms for lunch. We met the Patino's there-surprise! Mike Patino took the wishing well picture.

Above right and on the right, Jessica is taking pics of the fountain. (Jeez, Johney, smile once in awhile! I'm telling yer mom on you) I had never seen this side of Tom's Farms so I wanted to walk over there. Asked the guys if they could spare 20 minutes and they said sure. (like they're gonna tell the Alpha Dog NO!!!) Besides, if I ask for 20 minutes, you KNOW it'll be 30. But it was 20. I think. Not sure...

So, everybody decided to leave, and after consulting with each other (especially seeing the state of the 91 going west from the 15), we decided to all go up the 15 to the 60 and enjoy the speed (and I do mean SPEED, if you've ever been behind me) of the carpool lane. Got Jessica back to her house by 4 PM almost on the nose. I think so, anyway. Wish we coulda ridden a little more, but...


No comments: