Sunday, July 4, 2010

A little July 4th ride w/Bub to a few places planned, some unplanned, some planned but not done...the usual.

ORIGINAL PLAN:
Leave home and go to Walker's Cafe at Point Fermin in San Pedro. Reputed to be a cute place, a 'biker' bar (but not really), then to Roscoe's Chix and Waffles in downtown Long Beach, then ostensible to Cook's to check out the shopping and the bikes.
That WAS the plan.
WE ENDED UP:
Going to Roscoe's first, because Barry was hungry and by the time we got there, smelling those LOOOVVVEELLY waffles, I'm glad we went there first
BECAUSE...
by taking 2nd Street thru Belmont Shore and Ocean Blvd. along the beach, I realized that around Walker's Cafe which was RIGHT across the street from Pt. Fermin Park which was RIGHT across the water from the Queen Mary which, on the 4th of July, has a HUGE fireworks show...well, that area around Walker's and Pt. Fermin would've been CROWDED with people hanging around for the show later.
So we didn't go to Walker's. Damn. Spit. Dirty drawers.
You may notice the parking we got, under the tree in the parking lot next to the restaurant, 1st space. Oh, YEAH. AND we went on Jazz Sunday, with live jazz music wafting into the dining area from the bar.
While we were waiting, I was chatting with the security guard and heard loud carousing going on at a place next to the parking lot. I asked him what it was, and he said it was a gay bar and on Sundays they have a 'drag' fashion show. Glad Bub and I didn't wear our leathers, although ME they probably would've left alone, but BUB...well, he'd probably get more passes than Joe Montana ever THREW.
Another cute thing, this one's kinda R- rated...the security guy and Barry were talking, and the security guy said, "Hey, if you don' get none from yer ol' lady, you always got da sheep!" They said this to each other and I heard 'em laughing, of COURSE demanded to know what they were laughing at and Barry told me. If I had thought faster, I could've made a snappy R+ comment regarding the appearance and state of the sheep lately.
After sharing the Herb's special (1/2 chicken, 2 huge waffles, all white meat which was 2 breasts and 2 wings) we decided to give Her Royal Pain In The Butt Jackie a visit at her Best Buy store.
So BACK onto the 405 S to her store, surprised her!
Then I decided that I need to look into helmet pads for inside my helmet since it isn't as tight as it used to be and I'm getting tired of wearing a hoodie shirt to make it fit right. (I was wearing the hoodie to keep any hair from blowing around, but it's gonna get hot soon) so we took Jamboree to Warner to the 55/5/57/91 to Cycle Gear in Fullerton. No helmet pads that are there but they can order them to the tune of $25. Looked at helmets, clothes, glves, shirts...you know, SHOPPING.
Up Harbor to Brea Blvd to gas, home and iced mocha coffee, then next door for a 4th BBQ and some family gossip.

Tomorrow? Maybe Tip Top for another waffle (I'm into waffles now) and get some pastrami and corned beef for Bubski?
If I get him that, I won't be able to go over Ortega to Palomar...oh well, I gotta do some work here at home anyway, take the dog in for grooming, get Jax another phone, you know, CHORES...
I still might ride more...as Auntie Mame said,
"Live! Live! Live! Life is a banquet and most poor sons of bitches are STARVING to death!"

No comments: