Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chapter 422 Ride To Big Bear 6-19-2010 (in lieu of Palomar) via Anaheim, Azusa, and CUC-camonga.

Ok, just kidding about that last part, but does ANYBODY remember that famous saying, 'Now departing for ANAHEIM...AZUSA...AND CUKE-CAH-MONGA"?
I can't believe I forgot my camera that day. Well, always have the phone cam, so I used it.
Route was actually pretty cool, Ortega (of COURSE!), 15 N, 138 E through Silverlake, Crestline, RimForest, Sky Forest (yes, the old Santa's Village buildings and ornament skyway stuff is STILL there, but the big parking lot is now used for lumber storage), Hwy 18 through Running Springs, and Big Bear, with the return route 18 to 330 on down.

Just WAIT until you see the few pictures I DID take.
JUST WAIT. 

The first picture is the usual motley crew ahem, a nice amount of bikes just chomping at the bit to leave. Barry is, of course, one of them. Actually he, like all the rest, are waiting for ME. Whatever group I'm in, they have a very special shout for getting ready: if I'm in Group 2, the Group 1 Group Leader will shout out, "Group 1, 5 minutes! Lynne, get ready!" I repeat, if I'M IN GROUP 2, THE GROUP 1 LEADER WILL SHOUT OUT MY NAME. The group leader of the group I AM in will shout out, "Group X, 5 minutes! Lynne, NOW!"  I can't help it if I have a lot of things to keep track of like glove liners/gloves/helmet/glasses/purse/tankbag/camera and making sure it's all stowed away nicely and everything zipped up INCLUDING my pants...


Lunch. THAT'S a story in itself.
Leonard was coming by the different tables at the Teddy Bear Restaurant http://teddybearsrestaurant.com/
 (which I knew well from a previous 345 trip) and pointed out this particular menu item to me. By the way, does anyone remember back in the '70's when this restaurant was an Italien family-style dining, with big platters of italien food for everybody to dig in to? Just wondering...
Anyway, the menu item would be the star attraction at the Heart Attack grill in Chandler, AZ or whatever that place is called. This glorious tribute to breakfast AND lunch was called the 'Chicken Fried Steak Burger'. Holy CRAP. We have here a toasted burger bun with 1000 island dressing on it; lettuce; tomato (I didn't eat the tomato); pickles (didn't eat them either); chicken fried steak; 1/3 pound hamburger; cheese; fried egg; bacon; another bun. I asked them to put the gravy on the side. Oh yeah, a side salad came also on the plate. Below, I seem to have NO PROBLEM wrapping my face around that sucker. Below right, the monstrosity after I slathered some gravey on that sucker.
You can see the 'before' picture above, and the 'after' picture below. BOTH 'after' pictures. If you've known me for any amount of time, then you'll KNOW what the 2nd 'after' picture signified. It signified a pure and simple HELL for my poor husband approximately 36 hours from this point.
If you're wondering WHY I took so MANY pictures of this stupid lunch, it's because I have NEVER seen anything like this in all my years of feeding my face, and I was just amazed that a) there WAS such a thing, b) people would order it and eat it, c) I ACTUALLY ORDERED IT, and d) I ATE THE WHOLE THING.
And you wanna see something STOOPID? I had iced tea with my meal-do you SEE what's on the gravey plate? SPLENDA! Like some extra calories are going to be the death of me!
I've been tracking my caloric intake UP UNTIL NOW.
Now, I don't think I have a calculator or an Excel spreadsheet that can cover numbers in the gazillions.
If you know what the little blue pill is, then you can sympathize with Bub and be very very surprised you didn't have to send him a sympathy or 'get well soon' card. 

No comments: