Friday, December 18, 2009

Step Choreography, motorcycle trip choreography, they are my outlet, my fun, my self.

I'm setting up, working through choreography/step movements and music in between office tasks (so yeah, I'm combining two jobs within one mind, no sweat!) and realizing that I'm anal when it comes to aerobic choreography and music, and motorcycle trips. I realize that in some weird way, setting up aerobic choreography and motorcycle trips can each have some similar elements i.e. planning the way to go, whether it's on a bike or a plastic aerobic step: wearing the correct attire: having/bringing the correct equipment based on the activity, the people involved, the level of expertise of all parties....YUP, it all fits. At least it occupies my mind with something creative.

Tomorrow, Advanced Step class at Fullerton Bally's 8:15 AM then a little MC jaunt to No Pork to buy Bub some highway pegs and maybe look at some of those tank leather protection goodies for his MC that he wants, and maybe a little trip, get out and enjoy the weather while we can.
SOOOO...
Friday for Saturday plan:
-Dress in stuff that a) will get me sweating EARLY, and b) that I can throw off the moment I hit the door, grab an EXTREMELY quick shower then put on jeans and MC gear and go pick up another MC friend and get on over to Norco.
-Have all music and choreography ready to go by the close of business today so all I have to do is throw on my workout stuff tomorrow morning at 6:45 AM and GO. This means I have to ALSO do some moderate field testing with the step choreography and look like a dork in my office at breaktime, doing 'step' moves without the step.
-Have all my clothes ready for both activities; gas up and wipe bike down; calc to see if I'll need tank bag, or will Bub's saddlebags work out if we go shopping or something. Plus have on clothing that's par for motorcycle riding and are easy to take off and on if we're shopping for motorcycle clothing...I mean, if I see an UNBELIEVEABLY jacket or something...
-Set up a smallish MC trip that is doable but will get us home by 5 pm aka dark aka when the temp starts to drop. OK, OK, just thought of something, need to shop and hunt for some leather chaps for me because my old ones do NOT fit anymore, you can only add so many holes to the belt part before you come back to the beginning and my chaps are that way now. The leather jackets I can swap with Barry now, but I need new bottoms, or I freeze. So I gotta look and see what leather chaps places are in the area, maybe Slappin' Leather in Temecula. Nice jaunt down the 15, maybe tool around that area, if I find some chaps then I can wear them and ride a little longer. Maybe even go over Ortega if we get done and it's still light, or MAYBE check out the shopping in front of Hell's Kitchen....hmmmm, that would combine BOTH worlds, MC trip and shopping!!! I LOVE it.
First things first: Step moves.
(and if you know 'step', you'll know what the nomenclature refers to. If not, the explanation in parens () will guide you. And if you REALLY don't know step, you'll be befuddled at the technical wording. Kinda like me when somebody talks about pulling a 'something' from a motorcycle...)

COMBO 1 32/64
1 'I' Step (up, up, jack out, jack in, down, down)
2 Over the top 'scissors'
1 Turn straddle/lunges
(turn straddle down R down L, up R, up L, lunge R, lunge L, double lunge R, down R, tap L)
repeat Left lead

MODIFICATION: 16 cts, would need to add 4 V-steps and 2 more Over Scissors and delete the single 'I' step for the above to work
"Double 'I' lunges"
Up, up, jack out, jack in, jack out, jack in (all while up on top of the step), lunge, lunge, down, down, jack out, jack in, jack out, jack in.

COMBO 2 64
1 slow V step (1/2 time)
1 repeater
1 slow V step
1 repeater
2 6-lunge Indecisions (up R, up L, lunge R, lunge L, lunge R, lunge L, lunge R, lunge L, down R, tap L)


COMBO 3 32/64
1 Basic lunges (up, up, lunge, lunge, down, down)
1 triple Mambo (mambo, ball-change, mambo, cha-cha-cha)
4 Kicks around the world
repeat L lead

COMBO 4 32/64
2 Charleston (single kicks)
1 Diagonal over
Walk around the corner to the left (or 1/2 hop pivot around the corner)
4 Turn steps
repeat Left lead

COMBO 5 32
1 Slow squat over R
2 Shuffle turns (from the front side, now)
1 Slow squat over L
2 shuffle turns

COMBO 6 32/64
1/2 Rocking horse L-steps off the end then back to the side, left lead
Slow Squat over (end up on front side, right lead)
Indecision (end up on back side, left lead)
2 Mambo cha-chas
repeat Left lead

COMBO 7 32/64
2 over scissors (to put class into position for the horseshoe)
1 horseshoe (turn straddle turn, finish on left foot, front side)
1 helicopter (2 diagonal 1/2 hop pivots, end up in same place)
2 shuffle turns
repeat Left lead from the front side

COMBO 8 'JOGGIE SET' 32/64
Knee lift L step (right foot off the left end)
March fwd 3 & tap, march back 3 & tap (so that you are in position right next to the end of the step)
Across the top (the long way)
Tap up, tap down
6 Marches (or jogs) across the top
Down, tap
Knee lift L step from the end to the back side, tap.
repeat Left lead

ESOTERIC REPEATERS, all change the lead legs
REGULAR-3 knee repeater, down, down
2-knee repeater-Up, knee-knee, down, down, up, up, lunge, lunge, down, down, jumping jack in, jack out
4 knee repeater-Up, knee-knee-knee-knee, down, down, up, up, down, down, jumping jack in, jack out
"5 X 5" 5 knee repeater with a basic-Up, knee-knee-knee-knee-knee, down, down, basic up/up/down/down.
"7 & 7" or "7-sie" 7-knee repeater, just like the regular except an extra 4 knees are thrown in there...
Up, 7 knees, down, down.


1 comment:

Motorcycle Clothing said...

its a really informative post thanks for sharing us.