Monday, July 14, 2008

Part 1 of theTimeline Reenactment at Fort MacArthur Days in San Pedro, CA.

Just to whet your appetite for the Timeline Reenactment, I thought I'd start out with some of my Wayward Saloon Sisters from the Frontier/Wild West presenters. I'm an honorary member. Get a load of those...um...BOOTS, yeah, that's it, BOOTS.











I'm going to break this blog up in to two separate blogs-one for the Timeline Reenactment official parade of eras, and one for the anacronisms and detail of characters. Except the ladies will STAY HERE. And I might have more on the other blog too...ok, I WILL have more on the other blog.

These are going to be LONG POSTS... I have about 75 pictures (out of appx 250-300 that I took, because you can NEVER TAKE TOO MANY) and possibly video or two...to be continued as I go along... There were some very special folk that I took more pics of, probably because I identified with them. You'll know who I mean as I go along.

Below, the entrance to all the fun. That's Jackie and Bo checking out the map and activities. Also below is a view of the 'main drag' with reenactors and vendors.
Below rights are the roman legions getting ready for the national anthem-check out the detail of their sandals. They're all handmade.

















Pirate camp to the left. We got into position to take photos of the processional of sponsors, participants and groups presenting. The costuming and realistic presentation was amazing.














Above right, friends, Romans, countrymen plus some Greeks. Anachronisms abounded, which added a certain charm and brought the historical timeline in to a more personal touch. Below, Spanish conquistadores.


It amazes me again the detail of the outfits, and howinthehell did they make that armor on the left??!! DUCT tape?



















To the left, the medieval presenters. Below, again, one of my faves, the PIRATES.





The Redcoats and the Minutemen, below from the Revolutionary War. No wonder the English lost. How could you miss them? Sometimes there are disadvantages to fighting by the Marquis of Queensbury rules. My idea is hit 'em fast and hit 'em FIRST.

Now we get more into the Civil War-lots of participants for this era.















Below right, last man on the right, his sharpshootin' self David Dewey.













The Spanish-American War reenactors, and below, WWI with German presenters.






Below are German Red Cross workers.









A Russian contingent on the below right, and below left some of our guys, and below that, check out the ordnance on the one soldier! The ammo is slung around his body, bandolero-style.


Below, I love that sign! Below right, Barry reminiscing about his first motorcycle, which, I believe, looked almost exactly like that. I can never get over the armament on the vehicles such as the jeep below right.

No comments: