Monday, July 14, 2008

Girls' Night Out with Daniece at Steve Del Campo's Birthday Party-July 11, 2008 at Foxfire Restaurant, Anaheim Hills



Me, Steve and Daniece before the place REALLY starts jumpin'. (check out Daniece's shoes!!!) Below, me and Daniece enjoying a quiet GRIN together.


Below, Steve, his cousin Rudy and Daniece. I mostly danced with Rudy but the song "Rock This Town' I danced with Steve. I don't know WHERE he gets the energy.



Below, more of Steve's friends. (so, how you like the blog so far, Steve? Daniece will have a CD-Rom of ALL the pics for you after Wed. 7-16)










Sandy and Nora, friends of Steve, and um, yes, I CAN dance! Mostly with Rudy, who was 'safe', and please notice that I WAS wearing my wedding ring.












Steve and Maddy.

Daniece, would you FREAKING quit moving around so I can take a decent picture? Sheesh!

And yes, guys, she's TAKEN: she has a steady, steady boyfriend named Mike, so don't get any ideas. Sorry, Charlie.

Now, the particulars of the place, both good and bad:
GOOD: complimentary valet parking; no cover before 8 PM EVEN THOUGH the website says 7 PM; drinks weren't too watered down, those who were drinking commented; those who were drinking alcohol would also order a glass of water chaser, then forget that they'd ordered it, so I'd kinda 'liberate' them from that area for D & I.
NOT SO GOOD: a damn club soda and a diet Coke were $7; no free refills even for designated drivers; you could get water but when it came it was in a 6 oz glass and the bar person still expected a tip; the place was so crowded that if everybody left the table to dance, you'd find someone or a few someones sitting in your seats, so we had to leave someone at the tables all the time, usually me; people would not know the appropriate etiquette regarding drinking and dancing, so they'd bring their drink onto the dance floor, and when told they couldn't do that, they'd leave their drink on one of our tables.
D & I left around 9:45 PM and there was already a long queue at the front door of people waiting to get in.
I THINK I've had dinner there a couple of decades ago and remember quite fondly the veal oscar.
That was the first time I've been dancing in, God, YEARS and I don't know about Daniece, but not that often. Not counting aerobics classes, of course. So you can see what kind of party girls
WE are.

No comments: