Monday, June 9, 2008

The June Group Ride

Patty and Tommy admiring a very nice bike, & BOY my bike is CLEAN! You gotta admit that my wheels are shiny-shiny!!






Part of Le Groupe for Le Ride.

Gregg & Kenski smiling, of course, because we be RIDIN'!!


























To the left, Glenn's pretty, PRETTY Harley.

Started out in Group 3 with Madman Glenn & Joe tailgunning, but my part of the ride went from good to bad because I dropped my bike, which takes considerable talent considering I was STOPPED at the first gas up.

After the drop, I got the most ANNOYING squeak which really, really bugged me, so this along with riding skills shaken due to dropped bike made me not the most comfortable person to be around...in fact, I felt downright UGLY. Plus I had a root canal day on Friday afternoon so couldn’t really eat anything but soup. Jerry did snap me outta it about 3/4 by telling me about the time HE dropped his bike in front of 100 people and got a standing ovation.

You have to admit, we DO know how to park!

Anyway, went out and found the problem on my bike-the headlamp clip came loose and so the headlamp was wiggling all over the place. I'm just glad I found it and not one of the guys. It was weird again because there was a cop across the street in the McDonald's driveway and he wasn't going anywhere, just watching our groups take off.

The weather was perfect, but it was hard to enjoy it because not only is my jacket too large, but my vest is too large so I had to wear the jacket in order for my colors to fit!
I did manage to make a call or two and get free tix for the Brea Improv to see Harland Williams, so the day was kinda salvaged.
Barry worked on my bike, couldn’t do anything with the headlight because the diagram in my book was worthless and his front end Silverado stuff was in the way of his headlight so he couldn’t take his headlight off. He ended up taping it with clear tape. I figured that was such a classy, classy look (NOT!) that I might as well add a wood kickstand, a pillow held on with a bungee cord instead of a seat, and a spit cup holder. TAPE. Tape holding a headlight on. And the bike’s not EVEN a year old. I found out from other forums and blogs that this problem is NOT uncommon with 650's, so I felt a little better.

No comments: