Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I gave blood. I didn't wuss out, didn't faint, I DID IT!

You don't KNOW how courageous I AM NOT. I am a total WUSS when it comes to needles, so to have someone stick it into my arm and have that stuck in there for 6-10 minutes doesn't sit very well with me. It was through my work though, I didn't want to look like I wasn't caring or a 'team player', plus the blood reserves are at an all time LOW, so I made an appointment to go give and made sure it was with one of the guys from HR. I chose him because he'd make sure I didn't wuss out. Well, we was done in less than an hour with most of it taken up with paperwork, even though I had my Red Cross Donor Card and they had all my information in the computer since I had been giving, on and off, for a few years-ever since 1989, if you must know. And I'm type O positive.

Thank God I got the phlebotomist who was the BEST at putting the largish needle in. My veins are huge, and I did some tricep dips and push ups beforehand so that my veins and muscles would be extra pumped up, ate a good breakfast, pounded lots of water, so it only took me 6 minutes to fill up a pint. It's just the mental stuff-I psych myself into a frenzy.

One thing-doesn't the Bloodmobile look like the flying Winnebago from the movie, "Spaceballs"???!!!

No comments: