Sunday, August 1, 2010

1. DAMN I'M GOOD 2. Has it been almost a MONTH since my last post?

Holy snikies, Batman! I've just been so damned busy at work with extra hours and training someone.
Ok, I gotta add a bunch of pics from different things in July, but FIRST.
Here's the DAMN I'M GOOD PART...
Jackie informs me that she is going up to Ventura to pick somebody up.
Oooohhh, kaaaayyy...as soon as MOMMY gets home from Sam's club, she gets on the Sigalert.com and checks the freeways.
Oh, what's this? Glendora Ridge Mtn Road closed? Gates closed? Whaaaa???? Ok, brush fire from yesterday, nobody's MC riding up THERE today!
What else we got going on...hmm, something is starting around Agoura off the 101...didn't Jax say she wanted to know how to get to Ventura, and didn't I tell her the 57 N to the 210 W to the 134/101?
Hmmmmm...
Ok, she calls at 12:39, on Whittier Blvd, wants to know how to get there.
I tell her to take the 605 N. to the 210 West and when she gets on the 210, to call me. (meanwhile, I'm checking that pesky red diamond off the 101 in Agoura.)
She calls at 1:00 and is getting on the 210. Fine, I said, but you'll probably have to stay on the 210. Call me when you get to Pasadena because I'm going to have you take the 210 to the 118 and then down to Ventura.
SMART.
SMART, SMART, SMART.
SHE'S lucky she has an anal mama, and I'M lucky she can take direction WELL and can know how to ask for help.
(and she knows that it takes a bit of time to switch between 3-4 screens on the PC: Mapquest, Sigalert, the destination place, and something else I'm doing for Barry)
1:11 PM she's at the 210/134. I tell her stay on the 210.
1:27 PM she gets to the 118. I tell her great, 118. Call me when you get to Simi Valley.
1:51 PM she's around there, I tell her to take the Thousand Oaks Fwy 23 south to the 101 West.
She says mama, should I go Los Angeles Street/23 North? WHATTTT!!!??? She says, "Sorry, just kidding!". (I'm gonng KILL HER).
1:58 PM she's coming up to the 101. Great time, she's making great time. I also had noticed that where she was going, there was no offramp for that street, so I look up where she's going, find it, do a Mapquest (which is why it was up on the PC) and tell her that she'll have to get off at Exit 63. I send her a text about where to go.
2:05 PM she asks me if I can find Del Norte St. Huh? Whaaa??? I tell her that might take some time, but I'm scrolling scanning thru Mapquest and I just happen to see it. I tell her it's exit 59. She's good with that, she's at exit 50.
And that is where it stands now at 2:47 PM.

No comments: