Saturday, November 21, 2009

He's off and running, back in the saddle after EXACTLY 10 weeks.

ONE THING-here's his next set of 'wheels'...



Just kidding, he went on my bike, 'tis true, but he WENT.
On his way to Oceanside for breakfast with some of the guys.
I prayed for his safety and that he'd come back ready to tackle another bike.
I miss riding.
My stomach started to get a little upset-kinda in a knot Saturday morning.
I used my nervous energy to KILL my class on Saturday, just SWEAT CITY, almost fogged up the mirrors from the amount of sweat generated. EXAMPLES:
"Up on the step, jumping jacks"; lunges; 1/2 hop pivot 'helicopters'; Rocking horse knee lift L-steps off each end; & slow killer squats, all to some kicking music by Eurythmics, Billy Joel, Belinda Carlisle, Spice Girls, Lionel Ritchie, and Brian Setzer. Oh, YEAH.

Then I went to Cycle Gear (behind Bally's Fullerton, VERY handy) and tried on some 'way smaller jackets and chaps. NICE. Very NICE.



More nervous energy at Sam's Club, went a little overboard, but it was mostly food. MOSTLY.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
It went great, he liked the liveliness of my bike BUT said it was too light and the clutch was too weird, PLUS it didn't have highway pegs. My answers to those comments are: Good; tough shit, the lightness of it MAKES it lively; I've gotten used to the clutch; and I don't need pegs because I sit up straighter than a motorcop.

So we be looking for another bike now.

Oh, yeah...he looked pretty DAMN good on my bike, after all.



1 comment:

The Punisher said...

Wow nice bike dude whats it do 10mph?? That is hardcore!!