Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dinner and a moving experience-TOMMY'S GONE. It moves me. How, I won't say.

The night before Tommy's move, three of us went to dinner and Johney called Tommy. Unfortunately, he showed up. We ride through the Canyon, through night, through cold and rain, and then to a friend's farewell packing up. Saturday night, a little ride to dinner and a surprise guest! We're at Roscoe's deli in Chino-it was ok. My burger was great but the chili was so-so. I've had canned that tasted better. I shoulda just taken some of Tommy's, like I take some of everybody's plate. The potato salad was WONDERFUL, though. Good food, good fellowship, good conversation on A PLETHORA of topics. (did I REALLY say 'to a friend's farewell packing up'?? I must be SLIPPING)
On sunday we got there we THOUGHT early enough to be dragging by the end of the day. Nope, about at least 1/2 of the work had already been done and we got there 1/2 hour ahead of the pizza, which was really wonderful timing on our part.

Bob Barbano was crew chief for this endeavor, without even saying a word. Born leader, wonderful man.




Had to get pics of that beautiful moving van with the bikes next to it. Whoever decided to start parking the bikes like that next to the semi was BRILLIANT.

So THAT'S how they wrap fake plants.


Tommy's thinking, "Hmm, what can I ask Beverage Girl to get me"? And his face after I brought him a warm bottle of water. Hey, he didn't ASK for a cold bottle!














I like looking at guys' butts. And a lot of times snickering to myself.








Hi, Gary!!! Don't EVEN think of taking his tool chest & putting it into your SUV!!!

Can you imagine someone trying to move with 30+ years' worth of stuff? (I refer to if Bub and I ever move).
Forget it, I'll set fire to the house first and save on packing and transporting.





Charlie, just WHERE were you thinking of putting that mop-type thingy?


Isn't that a beautiful semi?








I Ihad to take pics of what was LEFT after the pizza guy brought 20 pizzas-there are only 2 there on the table now.

It took 4 full coolers of drinks, plus more were in cases in the garage. Yes there was beer. No I didn't have any.












John R explaining the way that a ramp works. Gregg understands now. I still don't.












To the left, I was intending to take a pic of the roof of the semi, which seems to be made of that rice-paper type stuff. I inSTEAD got a pic of Glenn's face contorted in pain when he slammed his finger or hand in something. 'Way to go, chief.

It's ALMOST all done and that's probably the cleanest that garage has looked in decades.









I got artistic with the shot, left & below.



















I ALSO didn't know that the insides of semis had 'walls' that you could put up between piles of moving shit.





To the right, another artistic shot.










The driver is buttoning up and the guys are being sidewalk superintendents. Oh yeah, Johney got there. After all the work was done, but not his fault, he had church, and at least he came to offer his farewell and moral support to Tommy.


I don't know why, but the dryer had to go into Tommy's truck instead of in the semi. Huh?













It's all in and closed. Job done.















I should probably try to 'photoshop' these pics and put in pics of Charlie and Rich Sherrill in there. Plus there was another FOS type person here, I forget, sorry.

Tommy, I'm gonna miss you. There, I SAID it.
No, really, I will. I really, really will.
Lynne (BG)








No comments: