Monday, September 8, 2008

Chapter 230 September Ride to Mount Pinos

Chapter 230 Orange County met at the usual place and the usual time for a neat long ride up in the mountains out of Ojai to the Mt. Pinos Nordic Center, then to Frazier Park for lunch. First off, did you ever SEE such gorgeous chapter members in your life? NO, not those two idiots below Gail and I...I don't know why such an outstanding STAR Chapter lets such ruffians and lowlifes in...
Pete's yellow bumblebee special.


Happy Birthday, Stan!!
Stacy and Keith made it-Stacy and I were comparing vest-shopping notes. You know me-gotta shop.





Um, Gail? Are you saving a place for Ken or waiting for the next vacant portapotty? I mean, that IS one weird pose you got goin' on!!!





LOOK AT MARGE'S HELMET!!! LOOK!!! OMG it is just too cute!!! I love it!!!





The usual gang of losers (oopsie, sorry Group 1) lining up to get to the first gas up before anybody else.



Hey, Glen, maybe you should consider buying something like that bitchin' bike behind you!!







You might not be able to see it, but the pack on the back with the eagle reads, "Hang Up And Drive". That says it all.














I love Connie's shirt-a sequined motorcycle. Where can I get one? Gotta shop!!! When she pulled up below, I didn't know it was her with that long ponytail.




"You see, Lynne, I have this extension woven into my helmet-it makes me seem sexier than usual".
Where can I get one? Gotta shop!!!










Two presidents, below right. Marge Cunningham, South County Chapter 422 and our Dan.











2 Presidents, below, with the South County president going, "OMG! Where's my hairbrush?"















I have a question about the photo, below...why is that guy going backwards? oh, I get it...it's STAN.


Bub is gassing me up. I'll go weak and feminine just to avoid breaking a nail. Broke one anyway on this ride, so I'll have to go to ER.



















For those of you who might not have known or realized it, on Saturday's ride, Barry Shapiro went down on his bike at appx. 12:40 PM on one of the curves on (I believe) Hwy 33 on the way to the Mt. Pinos rec area where we all met up.
He came around a curve, saw riders in front of him braking, he braked, slid on some gravel, the bike started fishtailing, he tried to correct, ALMOST HAD IT, then when he realized it wasn't going to correct and the bike was going to go down, he aimed it for the dirt shoulder. When the bike finally stopped, he and it fell over. He didn't slide or lay it down. When his body hit the dirt shoulder, the shock of the hit was diffused over a wide area of the body from his shoulder down to mid-thigh, so no one area bore the brunt of the shock.
When the guys behind him came up and stopped, he was already up and brushing the dirt off of himself. He sustained minor, I say again, MINOR injuries, consisting of mild abrasions and contusions (ok, ok, scrapes and bruises, sheesh!) at the r. shoulder, r. bicep and r. hip; a muscle bruise the size of a tangerine at his r. elbow (an ice pack and an ACE compression bandage brought that sucker down quick) and a small cut on the back of his hand from his glove buckle. He didn't even get any blood on his white shirt. He always carries a motorcycle-specific first aid kit in his saddlebag with some extra items.
Saturday night took some ibuprofen (for soreness AND it's an anti-inflammatory) and this morning. Except for a little soreness in his hip this morning, he's fine.
Injuries to the bike consisted of his r. lightbar light tweaked & billet 'hood' torn up; r. engine guard bent; r. floorboard bent; and exhaust pipe kinda tweaked. He fixed EVERYTHING today, but still needs a billet 'hood' for the light. No problems riding home & no frame or forks bent.Below, some of the damage. If you look really closely, you can see the billeted hood of the light eaten up.





Not too much damage, just dirty as hell.
to be continued...

No comments: