Sunday, March 28, 2010

Planned San Diego Trip 3-31-10 BUT actually did Carson/Long Beach. San Diego was April 4th Easter Sunday, blog soon about the actual San Diego trip.

Originally were supposed to go to San Diego, possibility of rain (I guess it DID rain in Oceanside, so we did a small day trip to Diana's Bakery on Sepulveda in Carson; Schooner or later in Belmont Shore at the Marina; and the Harley Store at the Anaheim GardenWalk.
Bub hadn't been to Diana's Bakery in about a decade, so I thought this would be good for lunch: I had heard about Schooner or Later from that Food Network show "Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins", and wanted to also check out the Harley store and the Anaheim GardenWalk.
Diana's has still the same wonderful food, Bub said. Easy to get to, 91 to 710 to Willow/Sepulveda.
Halfway thru, and after.





Next stop, up the 710 to the 405 to Bellflower Blvd to PCH to 2nd Street to the Belmont Shore Marina and Schooner or Later. Interesting stuff-it was about 55 degrees and windier than shit, but we were comfy because I was doing a try-out of the stuff I was going to wear on our Saturday ride. Weather.com said cloudy with 40% chance of rain in Long Beach...you can see the pic that weather.com, as usual, was dead on. BULLSHIT!
S or L ONLY has outside seating and a covered patio...THAT'S IT. Pretty small.
After my mini-burrito, I saw this and had to have it. The waitress thought I was nuts since it was so cold outside. Somethine cute-there was a group of girls about Jackie's age and as they were leaving they were taking pics of each other. I offered to take a pic of all of them and one of the girls admired my leathers. I asked her if she wanted to try them on and she said 'of course'! So I took mine off and put them on her and her friend was taking pics of the whole process, as if I was fitting a bridal dress on her instead of leather chaps! She got them on, her friend took pics, I posed her, then took a pic of them all. Made her day, it did.
What made MY day was this Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae. Buh-bye, diet.
Next stop, Anaheim GardenWalk. Very pretty but only at half capacity. At the Harley store Barry saw a 1947 Harley that was pretty close to the 1946 Harley he used to ride in Roswell, NM when he was stationed there.

Check out the bear in front of the chocolate place.

I thought this sign pretty much said it all, to the left.
Final stop, Cycle Gear because Barry noticed I lost my Guardian Angel bell.
A pretty nice day, overall, even though it WAS mostly slab.

No comments: