Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chapter 230 Idyllwild ride Saturday April 3rd, 2010, the day before Easter, when Idyllwild has their Easter Egg Hunt...

Nice day for riding, at times cold, but had a lot of fun. A milestone and another oopsie.
Milestone-I got my Tin Star. Terry and the Chapter recognized this accomplishment and Scott gave it to me at the meeting.

1st gas stop, Pala. HI, CAROL!!!






Now you can see the owie-I was on a small slope and felt it going. Since I had gone to the Skills Day that Vinnie Greva held, I took his advice to heart; 'If the bike's going over, DON'T TRY TO HOLD IT UP! For once I didn't, but I of course had to make an 'exit', so I pushed myself away from the bike and rolled off like a kid doing gymnastics. Chuck G. gave me an 8.5 but I wonder if that was for artistic content or on the Richter scale?
Nothing worse happened on me or the bike except the rear L flasher unit which broke off the 'stay, so I need both items. I was told that they are pretty easy to put on, so I'll order them and give it a shot.








The bikes lined up in the parking lot.
Neat neat place, "Merkaba" where I got some tea and wind chimes.
Going back down 243, twistys were FUN FUN FUN FUN. Held the outside line until the end of the curve, late apex turns, FUN FUN FUN.

Ah, the joys of online information searching!

This url/piece of information below is pretty much it in a nutshell...

http://www.towncrier.com/publications_files/2009.idyllwild.map.v2.pdf

Idyllwild certainly has some INTERESTING places and things! For instance, the local newspaper's ad in the pdf above:

(Would that our politicians were so honest.)

A couple of interesting businesses that are flourishing in this quaint burg:

OM SWEET AUM YOGA
(951) 659-4705, 26120 Ridgeview Dr. The Courtyard.

(Say the above businesses' name a couple of times to yourself, you'll get it.)

HIGHER GROUNDS COFFEE HOUSE (951) 659-1379, 54245 North Circle Dr., B1, The Village Centre. http://www.highergroundscoffee.com/ - A popular meeting place in the heart of Idyllwild. Free wireless Internet. Amazing specialty drinks and cookies baked fresh daily. Try our homemade fudge. Open early ~ Open late.

(I guess there's no middle ground when you're open? HEY, I just made a funny with their business name! Get it-'middle ground' reference for the 'Higher Grounds' coffeehouse??? Geez, I crack myself up)

No comments: