Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day Annual Grace Community Church Ride 2010 thru PV to Roscoe's Chix & Waffles

The whole group, above. Below, Stan and Bub exchanging some yuks.
Below right, we went past King Harbor. One of these days I'll stop by.






On Artesia Blvd. I couldn't resist trying to get a reverse shot.

The first park we stopped at. Below are Bub, me, John R. and Jill.


It was hard to snap pics even though I have a system re: I have to be going anywhere between 20 and 35 MPH, because that's 3rd and it has that wide of a range whereby I don't have to clutch/shift quite as much so I can use my left hand to quickly grab a shot.

"Captain! There be WHALES here!"









On Ocean Blvd-can you see Jill and John's faces in the rear view mirror??!!












































As I did last year, this year Bub went and we joined Stan's church peeps (you know, Stan of "Friends of Stan") on their annual jaunt thru Palos Verdes Peninsula and end up brunch at Roscoes.

This time, this year the weather was still a little cold at the beginning, 49-50 but warmed up to 70 and was UNBELIEVEABLY clear and beautiful. We even did some whale watching.

From the Chapter, Stan (Of course), Bub and I, and John R. & his great and gorgeous daughter Jill went. This girl is a saint-she ACTUALLY LIKED Laine last week when we met up at Tutto Fresco's!

A note about clothing: this year was a little different. I had new leather chaps that are specific to girls, wore boots instead of my EMT shoes, and wore 3 layers of shirts, my regular leather jacket AND my big Xelement all-weather lined jacket with the shoulder and elbow protection. ALL AT ONCE.
*Do you see the significance of that statement? I am now a size 8 and still gradually decreasing.Of course, we had to stop at Cycle Gear to do a little shopping!

No comments: