Friday, January 8, 2010

Bub and I went riding with the 230 group today 01-09-10

Our new fearless leader, Terry.
Below right, Ortega BEFORE the twisties. (Interestingly, I didn't catch sight of Hell's Kitchen this time. Huh)



NO, I'm not ready to tip over it's just the way I held the camera for those 2 seconds I used to snap the pic.


Chuck, Richard and Stan. Good eatin' buddies. Below, this was so freakin' FUNNY that I had to snap a pic. There was a clock with a deer pointing a rifle at a man hanging from his heels, and the hanging man was the pendulum. I think that'd make an AWESOME white elephant gift, come time of the holiday party! This statue was $24.95-the clock was $15.95. I SWEAR, if there was room in Barry's saddlebags...





We had to show up, we're almost the only STAR Yamaha motorcycles left!
It was interesting, riding with a group again. I checked, yes I have all my proof of everything.
I wanted to be in the middle and just cruise, not worry about anything. I like being around Bub when he's in front, Gary, John R., Joe, Terry, Chuck. Hmmm, sounds like FOS, doesn't it?!
We were in Group 2 behind Dan, with Carol, Charlie, Chuck, Wayne and Tammy, Greggster and Joe and Jim Rawls as TG's.
This was also Bub's first 'group' ride on his new set of wheels. He had a BLAST, new wheels were PERFECT.

With the route, I kinda wonderED, why the 15/215 to the 60 to the 57 then down? I mean, it goes right by our house so the tempation to 'tap out' is there, but we want to also finish the ride. Found out the 15 N to the 91 W was closed, which was a great piece of info because we were considering going over to No Pork and pick up Barry's tank protector; instead, we went with group 2 as far as Brea Canyon.
Perfect day, perfect weather, got to see everybody, nice ride, couldn't ask for more. I chose the perfect outfit-thermal T-neck, cute thin sweater with sequins 'Girls Ride Too', a gift from one of the members I teach aerobics to, another zip-up Nike workout jacket, my regular leather jacket, black jeans, chaps, high riding boots, plus I brought two pair of gloves just in case.

Worked GREAT. 50 degrees in the morning, 60 in San Juan Capo, 70 in Temecula. Ditched the zip up cloth workout jacket.

No comments: