Monday, October 5, 2009

A Selection and Collection of Varied Riding Thoughts.

Why do I ride?

When people ask me why I ride a motorcycle, they think it’s risky and dumb
They think I’m ‘channeling’ Eric von Zipper
And don’t realize I’m riding to the beat of my own drum.

I shrug & tell ‘em that I really like the feel of the wind on my face
Just like a doggie with his head out the window going in the car someplace.

I cruise down the road sitting so straight up, that some say I look like a cop
Cages slow down and get anxious, wondering if they’re gonna be stopped.

They’re sometimes secretly afraid that it’s a big bad biker guy
On a big bad motorcycle cruiser that’s shiny jet black.
As I pass they realize that it’s a Mom-type person riding by
With a small stuffed animal and ‘Rdng Ldy’on the back.

I give a final ‘princess on a float’ cute wave with my glove
Kicking the shit out of stereotypes is what I LOVE.

No comments: