Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Day Yesterday and Today-STRESS CITY, but a thankful and thoughtful ending.

1. Dealing with doctors, trying to get them to CORRECTLY fill out State of California forms and NOT write dates over dates without their initials; giving them new forms that have been all filled out and all they need is the dr's signature, collecting the forms from the doctor's office and seeing that one form STILL hasn't been signed (this is why I ALWAYS check the forms and stuff BEFORE I leave the doctor's office).
2. Dealing with official government forms, making sure they're filled out totally correctly, every 't' crossed and every 'i' dotted, plus copied and scanned in, then sent out.
3. Dealing with taking 2 dogs separately (I can't control 2 dogs at once!) to the vet's for their normal 6 month shots and finding out one dog has an infection in her ears so she needs steroids and antibiotics, PLUS ear drops. THEN sending away for replacement dog tags because the ones we thought were theirs were actually for the OTHER two dogs we had. I cross-checked numbers and stuff.
4. Dealing with car repairs, dealing with checking on vacation time put in for work (and it NEVER happens with Bub's work, he always doesn't get paid for it because someone doesn't put in for it and he finds out afterwards); dealing with informing people that the date he comes back will be a week later than thought which means that I'll be on intermittent work schedule for another week; dealing with more xrays for the forearm and elbow (because Fallbrook Hospital never did those views, I checked because I HAVE the films); dealing with getting classes of mine covered; dealing with preparing meals, driving, driving, driving to places...
5. Dealing with kids-one kid wants a really cute (and comparatively kinda pricey) Halloween outfit. I found out simply because I innocently asked if her apt. complex does anything for the kids living there, will she need to get candy, and then I again innocently asked her if she's thought about a costume. BAD MOVE, MOM. She TOLD ME she had thought about it and proceeded to inform me as to what she wanted, namely the 'Playboy Bo-Peep'. I looked it up at Partycity.com, ok, $49.95, that's doable, I send her the pic, and she says, NO, she wants the light blue one. GUESS WHAT-the light blue cuter one is also 'way more money. Now, certain other friends of ours who are close to our family and love Jax to pieces (they'd never met Laine, I don't think, because there's NO WAY you could forget him once you meet him) will tell me that the outfit is AWESOME, especially on her. I did hesitate on it before going with it. I know, spoil city. The other kid is doing pretty well but they both kinda need 'help' due to cut hours and the economy. Which is still ok, but still stressful to mommy.
5a. Dealing with kids, Pt II...I'm texting/chatting with Jaxsie about Thanksgiving & wanted to make sure she had something going, either someplace to go or maybe to have something at her place and invite others who didn't have anyplace to go. Told her I'd pay for it.
She asked 'why the generosity' & I said I wanted her to NOT be alone on Thanksgiving, and to make sure that others weren't as well. Told her that I was, years ago, and it wasn't very cool, in fact it was downright depressing; how you feel alone and forgotten. Told her that she should make sure that others know they're thought of and how she should feel thankful and grateful that she is loved so much by so many people.

These are the conversations we have, texting back and forth.
This is why I really like this electronic age.
We talk MORE by texting than we ever have.

Now, LAINE and I, we're more of the 'instant message' Facebook or ISP online types.

6. Got a letter from one of my 'boys' (inmates in Utah that I write to) and it just made me wanna cry, the gratitude that just came outta that letter and hit me upside the head. He's sharing my letters and my motivational stuff with a lot of the other guys inside and they love it. Things like this make me sometimes feel I'm not doing enough, although a couple weeks back (before Bub's accident) I was sending letters or postcards that I made on my computer almost every day to both boys.

Stressful beginning, but a thankful/thoughtful ending.

Hmm, shit, what are WE doing for Thanksgiving? Oh, yeah, Thanksgiving dinner at lunchtime because Bub has 'Black Friday' the next day with a 3 AM tee-off time.

I'd LIKE to go to someone's place who has cable, so I can get into the Twilight Zone or Star Trek reruns all day, but no biggie.
Each Thanksgiving that's spent with family and/or friends is a great Thanksgiving & they can only get better compared to that one Thanksgiving I had in 1972 when I was 18.

No comments: