Friday, August 14, 2009

Bally Zumba Fundraiser for MDA and THIS IS THE UPDATE!!!

It was a PARTY.
A party for a worth cause, but STILL a party!
We danced and worked out and ate and drank and, well, here are pics. None of me, thank God.
To the right my boss at Bally's, Lisa.






So I'm in one of the videos. Search if you want-I'm not gonna tell you. (But I am in a white shirt and dark shorts and a hat)Grupo odo Olo Ilu Ire, Afro-Cuban Percussion and Song did some AWESOME numbers. Of course, Bally people can dance to ANYTHING.

















Whew! A long title, but it's a fundraiser for the MDA and it's going on this weekend! It's a party/workout/BBQ/entertainment/etc!!! The address is close to Whittier Blvd and Colima.

My 'other' work, Bally Total Fitness, is having the fundraiser above for this wonderful association. The co-founder and past President of the Life Fitness Company Augie Nieto, was diagnosed with it in 2005 and Bally's has a fundraiser each year on behalf of 'Augie's Quest' to help find a cure.
http://www.augiesquest.org/AugieAndLynne.html
All monies collected go directly to the MDA.

Ok, you're probably wondering now where do I (Lynne) come in?
I'll be helping and doing one of many dance/workout type things, probably tantric pole-dancing (just kidding, probably brazilian jazzy stuff, maybe, yeah, exotic brazilian dancing with a sensual touch) to get people involved & having fun! If you've been to any of my classes, you know that I have a pretty good following of about 30 regulars and always get asked where I'm teaching next. That's what my Twitter account is for...keeping up with where I'm teaching and what. http://twitter.com/Riding_Lady

People who come to my class, well, they come for the class, they STAY for the show, if you know what I mean, and this class on Sunday will prove to be an 'audience participation' event!
Here's what my boss, Daniece, sent me in an email-how could I say NO?

"You've probably noticed the Augie's Quest donation forms at the clubs. Members are donating and we've been asked to get our classes involved. Here's a flyer for a very special event this Sunday August 16.The $20 donation will get you food, entertainment, etc.
It will be a blast.
Liza (
the area supervisor) needs as many of you there as possible (Lynne, she mentioned you by name...you have SUCH a reputation!!), as well as you getting this flyer to your class members."

Even if you can't go, can you contribute to this great cause? I had a girlfriend die of it in the '90's, Sarah Coleman who started the Lilliput Players and the LP Repetory Guild.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis is also called Lou Gehrig's Disease. Steven Hawking also has it. It's a progressive and fatal neurodegenerative disease caused by the degeneration of motor neurons, the nerve cells in the central nervous system that control voluntary muscle movement. I'm not going to totally bore you with the details about how you get it, the symptoms, what happens gradually, you can find all that stuff out if you go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyotrophic_lateral_sclerosis It's death on wheels to anyone who is active, involved in working out or in fitness. Such as me.

Let me know if you can contribute. We're collecting all this month.
Thank you so much for reading this!!

No comments: